Friday, June 29, 2012

Making News

So today went a little different than planned.  We woke up to our upstairs air conditining not working which is where the girls' bedrooms are.  So we called Cool Ray and they said they'd give us a call between 10:00 and 2:00 before coming out.  We continued with our plans.  We dropped Elizabeth at camp and headed into the Y to workout.  A really good workout plus the 103 degree temperature equals a whole lot of nasty sweat. 
When Cool Ray called saying they'd be there in 10 minutes they also let us know that Channel 2 news was doing a story on the heat and would be accompanying their guy.  WHAT?!?!?!  My house is a hot mess.  I'm a discusting, sweaty mess.  And they want to come do a story with us?! 
We knew we only had a few minutes so we did a clean sweap of the downstairs.  You will notice in the video that I made the poor decision of ignoring the playroom.  Who knew they would tape the messiest room in my house!  Not this girl, or I would have picked it up.
The reporter and camera man actually arrived BEFORE Cool Ray and started shooting immediately.  I was so flustered.  I didn't even have the good sense to throw on a hat or put on a clean t-shirt.  Neither did Bert.  But thankfully, he agreed to do all of the talking.  I told the reporter that I wouldn't ignore him if he asked me a question, but I prefered NOT to hear my voice on the evening news.  He said I could just go about doing what I would normally, which was serve my girls some lunch.  I usually chow down with them, but I definitely wasn't about to stuff my face on television! 





4 comments:

  1. I am still laughing about this after talking to you on the phone. What a funny story! I'm so glad you at least took a video of the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have died, and sounded like a moron! I guess being married to a PR guy helps! But, that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. Graciousness! If I would've watched the video first, I'd never noticed any of your "worries"! But reading the behind the scenes makes this otherwise bad situation hilarious! So what was the final a/c prognosis?

    ReplyDelete