Monday, June 4, 2012

HHI Day 3

Before I write about today, I need to make sure I document last night.  I only write this because I want to remember the good, the bad, and the ugly.  And last night, was UGLY!  Elizabeth woke up at 1:00 am and refused to go back to sleep.  She just about woke up the entire condo.  Bert was ready to pack it all up and go home!  She finally went back to sleep and despite everyone's lack of sleep, today ended up being fantastic. 


At 8:30, I took Elizabeth and Caroline to the beach.  I was a little nervous about taking two sleepy babies by myself to the beach but I needed to get them out of the condo! 


You can tell how sleepy they both were.  We had a quick snack then strolled the beach until Caroline fell asleep.  She's been great at taking her morning naps in the stroller.  We parked her under the umbrella, then Elizabeth and I layed in our chairs.  The only good thing about her being so tired is that she was willing to lay there for about an hour zombified while I read my book.


Once Rebeka and Mandy showed up, they finally got her used to the ocean.


Caroline finally stopped eating sand so we could let her play under the tent.


Around 1:00, rain moved in so we headed back.  Thankfully, everyone took naps.  Elizabeth slept until almost 6:00!  She was a new toddler when she woke up!

One of my requirements for vacation spots this year, was for it to be a biking community.  It is so much fun and I feel so old fashioned.  The girls love it too!  Especially their sweet ride that Christy and Melissa got them for my birthday.  It's perfect!



We ate dinner at home tonight, then jumped on our bikes and rode to Harbor Town.  We ate ice cream and watched the Greg Russell show.





The girls liked being on stage and the adults enjoyed the entertainment just as much!  I'm so glad the day ended better than it started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment