Thursday, June 7, 2012

HHI Day 6

We were suppose to have good weather today, but we didn't.  At 9:00 is was overcast. The weather channel said the clouds were on their way out so we decided to take the girls on a bike ride to South Beach which is about a 20 minute ride.  I really do love exploring the island this way, and Caroline napped the entire time.  While Elizabeth was playing, it started to sprinkle.



Then, it started to pour!  We rode home in the rain, completely drenched from head to toe.  The girls stayed dry in their kiddie cart.  Caroline even stayed asleep.

my view on our race home
Around 1:00, I couldn't stand it anymore.  Bert had a tee time set, so the girls and I headed to the beach.  It was windy and chilly, but none of us minded.  I curled up and read my book while the girls built sand castles.



Elizabeth doing her "exercises"

The weather also brought good waves for Rebeka to learn to surf on Mandy's board!
Even in the cool, rainy weather, Rebeka and Elizabeth played in the ocean.  And Caroline took another 2 hour nap.  My girls definitely love the beach!


We ate dinner at home, then went to Harbor Town to walk the 114 steps to the top of the Light House.  We arrived just in time to watch the sunset. 

ready to climb the stairs!

We made it to the top!

This face cracks me up!

Elizabeth loved checking out the landscape.


I really loved all of the American flags at the top.

Caroline has been a walking machine since we've been here.  I really think she likes walking on the compacted sand because it's firm but doesn't hurt when she falls.  She's still pretty wobbly, but I wanted to video this stage of her walking.


1 comment:

  1. oh mannnn...i hate the rain is messin' with your week! Looks like it's not bothering the babies at all!!! love the videos!
    Can't wait to see ya'll tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete