Saturday, June 23, 2012

14 Months Old

Poor Caroline is definitely victim to second baby syndrome.  I totally missed her 13 month post and did not even realize it until a few weeks passed.  I think she'll survive, and know she is loved just as much as her big sister.  Here's what sweet girl has been up to for the last 2 months.


Caroline, I feel like time is slipping through my fingers.  I'm just trying to soak up every bit of you and your sister while I'm home with you this summer.


  • First and foremost, you are officially a walker.  I mean FULL TIME walker.  You took your first steps on May 26th (13 months).  On your first attempt, you took 6 steps.  Your daddy, your sister, and myself all witnessed it.  We were so excited.  You had not even tried to take one step at that point.  You decided to take 6 on your first try.  They were slow and steady.  Elizabeth was cheering so loud and when you finally went to your knees she hugged you and said, "Caroline, I so proud of you."  Now she claims to everyone that she taught you to walk.  That girl is too funny.

  • One month later, and you walk everywhere.  You sometimes crawl still, but mostly walk.
  • You always go straight for the stairs.  And when you see me coming to get you, you try to go faster.


  • You've started giving the biggest hugs.  I love feeling your sweet, chubby arms wrap around my neck.
  • You are still a mama's girl.  No matter who is holding you, when you see me you throw your arms up for me to take you.  The fact that you want me above all else is my favorite thing in the world! 




  • You still take 2 naps a day.  You wake up around 8:00, nap from 10:00-12:00, then again from 3:00-4:00.  Every now and then I can keep you busy enough to stay awake until noon, and only take one long nap.  But that doesn't happen too often.
  • You are a great eater, usually eating more than your sister at each meal.



  • You are quite the snuggler.  I love it when you cuddle on the couch with me.  But you still don't like being rocked. 
  • Elizabeth has started picking you up and carrying you around.  We tell her not to.  Of course she does it anyway when she doesn't think we're looking.  And you really don't mind.  You are so content.  Even when she drops you (which is why we don't let her do it:))

  • Stats: 22 pounds, 7 teeth, size 4 shoe, 18-24 month clothes

    One Month, Seven Months, and 14 Months Comparison

    I think Elizabeth and Caroline look a lot alike this month.  I see the most difference in their eyes.  I forgot how curly Elizabeth's hair use to be.  So is Caroline's. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment