Monday, October 31, 2011

Little Bo Peep and Her Sheep

I was so excited for Halloween this year.  First, because Elizabeth really gets it this year.  Second, we finally live in a fun neighborhood for Trick-or-Treating.  And third, I loved seeing them in their costumes!

Thankfully everyone got started by 6:00 so we could be done by 7:00 and in bed by 7:30.


Caroline was warm and cozy in her costume.  She got lots of attention too, which always makes her happy.

Elizabeth's first halloween was two years ago.  She was only 8 months and it was rainy out.  So we just stayed at home and passed out candy.


Last year we went to Melissa and Chris's neighborhood and had a blast.  Elizabeth wanted us to hold her as we walked up to each door.  Then, she just wanted to sit right down and eat the candy she had just been given.  We didn't stay out too long because she was over it rather quickly.


This year was a whole new ball game.  She kept up with the pack running from house to house.  She yelled "trick or treat" in unison with all the other kids and squealed "Daddy, I got more candy!" as she ran back to the street.


 I loved that her excitement lasted the entire time.  But I was a little sad that she didn't need me to walk up to the doors with her.  My little girl is so independent.  I love it and hate it at the same time.



1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I really love their costumes. They are so sweet! That is great that Elizabeth was so into it! Meyers was so not into it, but she had fun with her friends.

    ReplyDelete