Friday, October 28, 2011

Caroline is 6 months old

Last Sunday, the same day she was baptized, Carolined turned 6 months old.  What a special half birthday it was for her!  

Caroline, here's what you're up to at 6 months:
  • You weigh 16 lbs 12 oz, 75th percentile
  • You are 26 3/4 inches long, 85 percentile
  • You had your check up yesterday along with a couple of shots (including your flu shot).  And once again, you got a fever in reaction to the shots.  It makes me sad that those shots affect you all day.  But you were back to your bubbly, smiley self this morning.

  • Your feet measure as a size 2, so I bought size 3 to last longer.
  • We are finishing up our size 2 diapers and moving into size 3.

  • You are eating cereal with breakfast and veggies with lunch and dinner.  You still take a bottle every 3 hours, but you will only take 4 ounces now that you're eating solids.

  • We've also cut out your "dream feed" at night since you seem to be satisfied. 

  • You don't really like green veggies, only yellow or orange veggies.




  • You doctor told us to start giving you a sippy cup and I almost laughed out loud.  With your sister, I was always so eager to start the next phase.  But I never think you're ready when they tell me.  I know it's really me who's not ready though.  You're still my baby. 

  • You put your sweet little hands around your bottle, but you don't actually hold it by yourself.  Which makes me wonder how your doctor thinks you're going to hold a sippy and drink it by yourself?!  I'm quite okay with that though:)




  • You go to sleep by 8:00 and wake up at 6:00.  I think you must be starving since it's been so long since your last feeding.  But you still only take 4 ounces.

  • I think that is your favorite time of day.  You don't stop smiling and cooing at us.  You just lay on our bed or bounce in your jumperoo and watch us all get ready. 

  • You usually take your first nap around 8:00.



  • Your neck is your tickle spot, and I love to kiss you there.  Your belly laughs are contagious and get us all cracking up.

  • You are still your sister's biggest fan.  She can make you laugh just by talking to you.



  • Happy half-year birthday my sweet baby Caroline.  I am soaking up all of you preciousness and enjoying every moment of this age with you.

    Here is a comparison picture of Elizabeth and Caroline at 6 months old.  Their mouths and noses are so much alike, but their eyes look a little different to me right now.  I see Bert's eyes in E's and more of mine in C's.  But who knows if that will change or not?!



    1 comment:

    1. Can't believe she is 6 months old!!! I think she is starting to look less like Elizabeth. They still look like sisters, but not so much alike. She is so precious!!

      ReplyDelete