Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my Husband

 Four years ago today Bert and I said "I do."  Our wedding day was everything I dreamed of, but everyone knows it's the marriage that really matters.  Our first four years have been full of major moves, big decisions, exciting changes, and two beautiful children.  We have experienced life's most precious blessings along with the stress of every day life.  At the end of the day, I'm so grateful for the man I fell in love with and the life we are building together.  I love you Bert Kelly!

We have stuck with the traditional anniversary gifts each year.  The first year was paper so we bought Tennessee/Georgia football tickets and enjoyed the game.  I was 5 months pregnant with Elizabeth on our first anniversary!

The traditional gift for the 2nd anniversary is cotton.  Bert's gift to me were two beach towels.  At first I was confused.  He knew I wanted new monogrammed bath towels for our master bath.  But these weren't bath towels nor were they monogrammed.  But when I unfolded the towels, a boarding pass fell out.  He surprised me with a cruise to Mexico!  And I gave the poor guy a shirt!!

Neither one of us can remember what we actually did on our 3rd anniversary.  But since I was pregnant again, I'm sure we just relaxed around the house.  Maybe we went out to dinner.  The 3rd anniversary tradition is to buy leather.  I bought The Love Dare and promised to complete it for Bert (I think I got about half way through- oops!)  Bert had my leather bible engraved with my married name on it.   

And the tradition for the 4th anniversary is fruit or flowers.  Bert bought me this beautiful bouquet of red and white roses.  I guess I'll buy him some fruit to complete the tradition!  And he's taking me "out on the town" Saturday night!  We also watch our wedding video every year on our anniversary, so I'm looking forward to that tonight!!



Bert, I am so proud to be Mrs. Bert Kelly III.  I'm excited to see what the next 50 plus years has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment