Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grow with me

For each of our girls, we chose to do a "grow with me" package for their first year that included newborn, 4 months, 8 months, and 12 months.  The point is to capture those important milestones in the first year and to watch how much they change in those short 12 months.  

By four months, Caroline was able to smile and arch her back on her tummy.  Her personality was really starting to shine.  That's what I want to see in my girls' four month pictures.  By 8 months, I hope to capture them sitting, and by 12 months they are standing and maybe walking.  I can't even imagine that all happening in the next 6 months!


My goal is not necessarily to have "framable" pictures (although that's always a plus), but to simply capture some candids that allow us to always remember them at that particular age.  


I  put a copy of each one (good and bad) in their first year albums.  I especially love the ones of their feet and leg rolls.  Their sweet chubbiness makes me want to eat them!



These were taken on a very hot day in August.  Caroline was happy when we finally took off her clothes.  As much as I love cute baby outfits, I'd rather they not distract from the pure preciousness of my baby girl herself.  Naked baby pictures are my favorite!

She already looks so very different than she did 4 months ago.  Watching her grow and change is such a bitter sweet experience.  I just want to pause time.  I absolutely love this age. 


I noticed how Caroline's hair looks red in this picture, and it reminded again of how red Elizabeth's was at that same age. 

Here are some of Elizabeth's 4 month pictures.

And here's the difference in four months... April to August.



No comments:

Post a Comment