Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF

I am so very glad it's Friday.  This has been a long, exhausting week.  The bad news is that our weekend is going to be just as busy.  The good news is that it's mostly fun family stuff keeping us busy:)

The mornings have actually gone pretty smoothly and I think we have a pretty good routine down so far.
Their faces in this picture make me laugh.
 Caroline has been sleeping until 6:30 every morning.  Then she wakes up so happy and ready to talk to us.  (I hope I didn't just jinx it!)

Elizabeth's routine is the same as it has been for school days.  She basically gets up, gets dressed, and we're out the door.  She drinks some oj or milk on the way to school, and eats breakfast when she gets there.
I feed Caroline at 6:30 and I treasure our time together in the morning.  That thirty minute feeding is really the only time we have alone all day.  One-on-one time happened often when E was a baby, but Caroline usually has to share her time with her big sister.  Honestly, she doesn't mind.  But I love our sweet time together in the morning.  And afterwards, she lays on my bed and watches me get ready. 

Elizabeth is NOT a morning person.  Just like her mama.  This is her disheveled look she has before her morning juice.  I have that same look before my morning coffee!

But we both perk up in the late morning, early afternoon.  She's a wild woman between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (minus nap time).  And by dinner, she's on her last wind.  By seven, she has run herself ragged and is ready for bed!

Caroline is pretty worn out by then too.  So it goes from crazy wild to peaceful quiet in our house around 8:00.

Here are my loves cuddling with their daddy before bed time.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of E in the morning is too funny!!!

    I see y'all were eating at Meyers's favorite place, Moe's!!

    ReplyDelete