Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Caroline is 4 months old!

Caroline, You are 4 months old today!  How can that be?  I've called you "Pumkin Little" since you were born, but all of a sudden you're not so little anymore.  You still don't seem very eager to do things like rolling over so that is keeping you my baby a little bit longer!


I wasn't able to take your picture this morning, so I took it this evening.  You are definitely more of a morning girl.  That's when you give us the biggest smiles.  This evening you were so tired, I could barely get a grin out of you.  But you also didn't fuss either.  You just sat there staring at me as if to say, "Just let me know when your done."  You really are a very content little angel.


Your 4 month check up isn't until next week, so I don't have any stats on you.  But you are wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 months clothes (6 months only in pajamas).


You're a huge fan of the swing.  I think it's not just the swinging, but the location of the swing.  It's high enough that you can see all the action going on pretty good.  You also like laying in the middle of the floor as long as you're not on your tummy.  You're not a fan of tummy time anymore.  I think that's because you really don't care to exert the effort it takes to keep your head lifted up to see everybody.  You'd rather lay on your back and watch.  And every time I lay you down, your sister comes and lays beside you.  You actually smile at her now which gets an even bigger reaction out of her.


 You're not near as wiggly as Elizabeth was.  I'm happy about that since I usually am holding you with one hand and Elizabeth with another.  You're sweet, easy-going nature is so very lovable.  Another way you girls are different, is that you are quite the drooler.  I don't think Elizabeth drooled ever, and she never spit up.  I wouldn't say that you are an extreme drooler, but compared to your sister you are!


We tried to increase the ounces of milk you were taking at each feeding so that you could go longer in between.  That lasted for about 2 days.  We realized you just like to eat less, but every three hours.


You adjusted well to daycare.  It actually didn't even seem to phase you.  Your teachers tell me how sweet you are, and how they call you "Elizabeth" all the time because you look so much alike.  Actually, this month I see a big difference in your looks.  But you still look like sisters.  And when I come into your classroom, even when you can't see me, you hear my voice and start kicking your legs and smiling (says the teacher that can see your face at the time).  You have no idea how that makes my heart melt!


Happy 4 month birthday, sweet, sweet Caroline.  We treasure you so very much and love you more than you could ever imagine.

1 month
2 months 
3 months
4 months

Here is their 4 month comparison.  They both look like their daddy still, but they must have some of their mama in them because I'm starting to see some differences!

P.S. We took you to the doctor for your 4 month check up on August 30th.  You weighed 14 pounds 2 ounces which is in the 65 percentile.  You were 25 1/4 inches long which is in the 85 percentile.  You are staying consistent in your percentiles just like Elizabeth did.  But Elizabeth's percentiles were always 75 percentile for weight and 95 percentile for height.  Just a little bigger/longer, but both of my gorgeous girls are long and lean!

1 comment:

  1. Like we've said before, there is no denying that they are sisters, but Caroline definitely looks different! So precious! Can't believe she is 4 months!

    ReplyDelete