Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elizabeth is 2 1/2!

Yersterday my oldest baby turned 2 1/2!  Yes, we celebrate half birthdays around here.  Not that Elizabeth knows what that means yet, but soon she will come to cherish the "half" as a completely different age altogether just as most kids do.   And she loves any excuse to sing the Happy Birthday song.  Especially when it's sung to her.  Unfortunately, yesterday was not the best day for us.  Both girls woke up at 4:00am and ended up in bed with us which means NO ONE got any sleep.  I had intended on taking her picture before school.  Before she came home in her usual state of toddler messiness.  But that did not happen.  So I tried again when we got home from school.  When she refused to sit in her chair where I always took her monthly pictures, I took her outside and worked with what she gave me (which wasn't much).  

Happy Birthday Elizabeth.  Here's what you are up to at 2 1/2:
  • Some days we are hit hard with the "terrible twos" and it's Meltdown City around here.  
  • You love your baby sister more than anything.  You're very protective of her.  The other day, Jake sniffed Caroline while she was in her carseat.  You ran to her, shouted "NO Jake", then got down next to her, stroked her face and said, "Sissy okay?" in the most concerned little voice.

  • Your favorite phrase is still, "I do it."  You are the most independent little girl I've ever known.
  • You love school.  You talk about your teachers and friends at home all of the time.  Last week as we were walking out of the class, you started waving over your shoulder and saying "Bye Friends". Like they were all there just for your entertainment!
  • You now know all of the colors, can identify most all of the letters, and can count to 20 almost completely by yourself.  If we try to count with you, you shout, "I do it!"


  • You also can count to ten in Spanish.  We did not know you could do this until one day we heard you saying, "uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, diez."  You skipped nine, and still do. Needless to say, we did not teach you that.  I've always called your daycare school, but you do actually learn so much there.  You soak everything up.
  • You are constantly asking me to hold Caroline.  Then you say, "Mommy, Get your camera."  I guess I'm the one to blame for that:)


  • You have recently started calling me "mom" sometimes.  I'm not sure where that came from, and I have to say, I really don't like it.  You just sound so grown up.    
  • Your favorite toys are still balls, books, and puzzles.  
  • You still weigh about 30 pounds.  And your feet measured exactly a nine last week, so we bought 9.5s and 10s for the Fall and Winter.  I can't believe it!


Here is a look back two years ago until now.  
6 months
12 months
18 months
24 months
30 months
Happy 2 1/2 Birthday, Elizabeth.  You keep me on my toes, teach me patience, bring me more joy than I've ever known before, and fill my heart with so much love I think it might burst sometimes.  These last 2 1/2 years have been the most fulfilling years of my life.  We are passionately in love with you, our precious angel.
Love, Mommy and Daddy






1 comment:

  1. She can't be 2.5 because that means Meyers will be 2.5 soon!!! Can't believe how big our "babies" are.

    Sweet, sweet words for miss E!

    ReplyDelete