Thursday, February 14, 2013

Change of Heart

I am not a Valentines Day kind of girl. I don't like the pressure of assigning one day to show your love for your significant other. It's usually a big waste of money and time wasted stressing in my opinion. With that being said, my kids (biological and school) caused me to have a change of heart this year.

My students asked me if we could have an "old school" VDay Party where they deliver valentines and make personal boxes to collect them. They all got it into it... even the boys. We (including me) had so much fun.


One of my favorite valentines.
During my 5th period class we had a group of guys come in to serenade on of my girls.  It was a treat for the whole class.  I loved it!


I also had a lot of fun making valentines with Elizabeth and Caroline.  Elizabeth definitely has an opinion about what she wants, but her attention span is actually pretty long when we're "doing a project."  Bert and I both got to go to her Valentine's Party.  She was thrilled about each valentine she received. She felt so special and I loved watching her light up!


 Tonight, Bert took it upon himself to get a babysitter so we could go to a movie.  I have to admit, at first I was not very excited.  But it was really nice to do something spur of the moment (going to a movie on a wim is crazy for us!) and something I didn't have to plan!  Dare I say, I heart Valentines Day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment