Thursday, December 1, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

 I know everyone loves to decorate for Christmas.  There's just something about turning on the Christmas music and getting out the ornaments one by one that makes us feel so giddy.  It's especially fun when you see the excitement in your kids' eyes as they begin to understand the magic of Christmas.  


I'm in love with our almost 12 foot Christmas tree.  It's the prettiest one we've ever gotten and it smells delicious!  The only problem was fitting it in our small living room.  It's definitely cozy, but we love it!


I've already changed the mantel three times.  Right now it has our framed Christmas cards from the past 4 years.  And of course, our stockings will stay there for Santa to stop by.  I just can't decide if I like the girls' stockings in the middle or on one side together and Bert's and mine on the other side.  I might have to switch that up to see.


I've also framed our Santa visits.  I look forward to adding some with Caroline this year.  We bought some new decorations for our new house which was exciting because we haven't bought anything new in three years.  I'm making wreaths for all the windows out front.  And I got some fun mesh and other funky stuff to decorate the banisters with.  The girls' tree is up in the landing by their rooms.  And this weekend, we are decorating the train tree in the basement.  I usually like it all done the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I've really enjoyed the process this year.  We'll just have to leave it up longer this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment