Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From the Mouth of Babes

Since I give monthly updates on Caroline, I thought I'd update our family blog on our babe who is talking and experiencing new things everyday.  I never want to forget the silly little things she does on a regular basis.  And because I've not taken any pictures this week, I'm using the ones from my phone.

play date with Will, Lainey, and Kathryn
Elizabeth is really into playing pretend.  Her imagination is definitely growing.  The other day I asked her to get into her booster seat for dinner.  She simply said, "I can't mommy.  Swiper's in my seat."  Swiper is the "naughty fox" from Dora.  At first, I didn't know what to say.  I decided to play along with her.  So I said, "Get down, Swiper.  That's Elizabeth's seat."  She just smiled, and climbed up into her seat.  No more was said about Swiper.

C wearing her sister's shirt that Aunt Beth made
She's become very independent when it comes to going to the bathroom.  She goes completely on her own, and sometimes doesn't even tell us.  This only poses a problem for #2 because she can't wipe her behind well.  So now we give her treats for telling us when she's done going #2 so we can wipe her.  And in that case, she insists on shutting the door and won't let us in until she's completely done.  This might be TMI, but someday she may want to know the quarky process of her potty training.
C wearing her outfit from Auntie Melissa
Elizabeth is still in her crib.  We keep talking about converting it, but we haven't actually done it.  I still can't believe she hasn't started climbing out.  I know she can, but she just doesn't.  She does, however, climb into it.  If she wants in, it only takes her about 5 seconds to do it. 

making an ornament at our Advent Festival
 She is also a creature of habit.  Her daddy rocks her most nights, and heaven forbid mommy has to do it.  Sometimes she understands when I tell her that I have to put her to bed.  She'll say, "Daddy still at work?", but if she's really tired she starts crying, "Daddy rock me.  Mommy check on Caroline."  It kind of breaks my heart and warms it at the same time.  I know she loves me, and she clearly loves her daddy and sister too.
exhausted after Christmas on Peachtree
When I am rocking her, she gets ready to stretch out after a few minutes.  She tells me, "I wanta lay in my bed.  You go check on Caroline."  Every single time I put her down to sleep (nap or bedtime), she tells me to go check on Caroline. 
having a blast at HardRock Cafe
Elizabeth loves to celebrate birthdays and always associates cookies and cupcakes with someone's birthday.  She calls them birthday cakes, and insists on singing "happy birthday."  Since we've been talking about Christmas being Jesus's birthday, she especially likes to sing it to Him.
a little holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment