Sunday, December 11, 2011

SWAG

I was crazy busy last week getting our kids ready for our Shop with a Greyhound program.  It's definitely my favorite thing we do all year.  And when the day finally arrives, it's so rewarding that I completely forget the months of (sometimes stressful) preparations. 


I totally stole these pictures from Ashlyn's blog who I was so thrilled to see there and grateful that she took some pictures, especially since she's a fantastic photographer!
  

When the kids arrived, they were so nervous and sweet I almost cried.  Then one of their teachers handed me a letter written by a single mother who had just recently lost her job and was trying to explain to her first-grader that there was no money for Christmas presents this year when she learned that our kids had raised money to take her child shopping.  After reading her letter, I did cry.  


I know it sounds cliche' to say, but it's hard to know who gets more out of this day.  I'm pretty sure it leaves a lasting impact on our kids who are blessed with so much.  They pour their hearts and souls into these kids from the very beginning.  By the end of the day, they are physically and emotionally exhausted.




2 comments:

  1. Glad it went well! I know you are glad to be done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you. are. amazing.

    ...so glad you are a child of mine!

    ReplyDelete