Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy 8 Month Birthday, Caroline!

Caroline, Today you turned 8 months old.  It's our first day out of school and we're all home together.  What a great way to spend your 8 month birthday!


Elizabeth has been singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus ever since I promised her we would make a cake to celebrate.  So today my little cooks helped make a red velvet cake.  I'm not a good baker, and we attempted to make it from scratch, so cross your fingers that it comes out okay! 

Here's what's going on with you at 8 months old:

 

You weigh right at 19 pounds and wear 9 month and 12 month clothes.


You can roll around when you want to, but lucky for us, you don't do it much.  If you want on your tummy, you roll onto it.  If you want to be on your back, you roll over on your back.  So you are able to be where you want to be, but you don't roll away just because.  Thank you for making my life a little easier!


You do roll over on your tummy at night and spend most of the night like that.  And thankfully you're still a great sleeper.  Sometimes you go to sleep as early as 6:00, and you don't wake up until 6:30.  On the weekends, you snuggle in bed with us after your morning bottle and typically fall back to sleep until 9:00. 


You sit pretty good all by yourself now.  After a few minutes, you usually fall over.  But then you just lay there and play with your feet. 


You are still the biggest sweetheart ever!  Even when you were sick, you smiled at me constantly and hardly cried at all.  It broke my heart knowing you were so miserable but not showing it at all.

You are a great eater.  I don't think you really like green vegetables, but you do eat them.  You just don't scarf down peas and green beans the way you do squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes.  Speaking of, you ate carrots today for lunch.  I should've thought that out better.  I took your 8 month pictures after lunch and your sweet little face was stained with an orange tint.  I wiped your messy little face down, but carrots like to leave their mark!


You are so animated all the time.  It makes it hard to choose pictures. 


Here you are at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, and 8 months.

My girls at 8 months:


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see her in person, and of course, the rest of you:) In pictures, she is not looking as much like E anymore! So precious! I can't wait to hold her. I'll have to make room on my lap with my big belly so I can snuggle her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beyond precious!! You have some awesome pics here!

    ReplyDelete