Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I already posted about how much I love our huge Christmas tree in our little living room and our new stockings with each of our names on them.  But I wanted to remember a few more of my favorite Christmas decorations this year so I can show my girls one day. 


Bert hung wreaths on all the windows for me.  Next year, I really want to line our whole house in lights.  I really, really do.  But this year, the wreaths made me very happy each time I pulled into the driveway.


Each year I get the girls a new ornament.  Actually, they get a few, but one special one.  It's something that my Dad and Di did for me each year as far back as I can remember.  Then they wrapped them all in a big box and gave them to me when Bert and I got married.  And those were really the majority of the ornaments on our tree that first year.  I still put most of them on there every year which brings back great memories and many laughs in some cases.


This was Elizabeth's first year and second year ornaments.  Already Elizabeth has interests, like Dora and Minnie, that I will make sure to forever remeber through an ornament.  But I will also get one that I like for her, and she will hopefully still like when she's 30.  And if she doesn't, I'll jsut keep them on my tree:)

Another one of my favorites is this train ornament that we gave to Elizabeth last year.  Everyone that knows Bert knows how he loves trains and he passed that love on to his little girl.  Bless her.  So I just had to get this ornament for her and him. We hung it on Bert's train tree in the basement.


Another one of my favorite things this year is seeing my sweet, sleeping baby sprawled out on her daddy's lap on a lazy Saturday afternoon.


And I also love my lively toddler, who insisted her daddy take her to church even if mommy had to stay home to take care of her sick sister.


I am so blessed by my favorite things!



1 comment: