Monday, November 28, 2011

4 Sick Kids, 3 Doctor Visits, 2 Ear Infections, and 1 Exhausted Mama

Starting last Monday, Elizabeth kept telling us that her tummy hurt.  She never got sick or had a fever, but when she was still complaining on Wednesday, I decided to take her to the doctor.  We left with no diagnosis! 

I also went to the doctor on Wednesday because I had a sinus infection and wanted to get some medicine to knock it out.  It worked, and everyone seemed well when our family arrived on Wednesday afternoon.

But around midnight, I woke up with bad stomach pains and spent the rest of the night sick in the bathroom.  Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I was supposed to start cooking for Thanksgiving on Thursday morning.  Thinking that I had food poisioning, I moped around while my mom did most of the cooking.



Thankfully, by dinner time I was as good as new!  Unfortunately, I would not be the only victim of what we found out was a nasty stomach bug.  On Friday night, I was up all night with Aleaha who caught it.  Then it attacked Alexis while we were out shopping on Saturday.  And finally, Bert caught it on Saturday night. 


In the middle of passing around the stomach flu, I took Caroline to the doctor because of a bad cold and coughing.  She was diagnosed with two ear infections and bronciolitis.  So she is now on antibiotics and doing breathing treatments. 

Somehow, we were still able to do  most of the holiday activities that we plalnned.  Everyone became ill around my schedule!  I can't really complain about that.

We visited the lights at Life University and even got out to enjoy the Christmas Village on Thursday night.  On Friday, we continued our tradition of getting our Christmas tree from the tree farm and decorating all night. 

We weren't able to go visit Santa Claus this weekend, but we have more Christmas fun planned for next weekend.  Hopefully the Kelly family will have recooperated by then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment