Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa's Little Helpers

Last Sunday, Elizabeth helped me bring little Christmas gifts around to some of our neighbors who have been especially welcoming.  I asked her if I could take a picture of "Santa's Little Helper" and she just kept giving me this cheezy fake smile. 

This dress was actually her Christmas dress from last year.  I think this is the first time she's actually worn a dress two years in a row.  Getting two years wear was VERY exciting for me!

Here she is wearing it on Christmas Eve last year.


My other little helper took a nap while we were delivering presents.  She had some funny looks for me when we got home!


She saves her sweetest looks for her daddy and her sister. 


Caroline wore Elizabeth's very first Christmas dress to church on Sunday.  I just love seeing them wear the same thing.  It makes the outfit extra special.  And I get to better see their similarities and differences. 


For the purpose of record keeping, this is Caroline wearing the dress on 12/4/11 and Elizabeth wearing it on 12/24/09.  That makes a three month age difference here (Caroline at 7 months and Elizabeth at 10 months). 


Even with the age difference, it's amazing to know how different my girls are.  Elizabeth was already holding on and cruising around at this point.  She was so curious and energetic, full of personality.  We had the hardest time keeping this white dress clean. 
On the other hand, Caroline still needs support when she's sitting, but is so content and relaxed.  Way more laid back than her big sis.  I love that we get the best of both worlds with our girls' different personalities.

1 comment: