Monday, September 12, 2011

Short, But Exceptionally Sweet!

This past weekend we headed to Nashville to help surprise my dad for his 60th birthday.  It was a quick trip.  We were there and back in less than 24 hours.  But it was well worth it!


The plans were to meet for dinner at 7:00.  I had the car loaded and the girls ready when Bert walked through the door.  We even had some extra time to snap a few pictures.


This is the whole crew (minus me) at dinner.  I think my dad was truly surprised to see all of his girls there!  All four daughters and all 6 granddaughters. 

This was Caroline's very first road trip and her first time meeting her Aunt Melanie.  She just loved all the attention she got from her cousins too.

I'd like to title this picture: Morning Glory.  Douglass girls really know the meaning of "bed head"!  They were all so cuddly and playful the entire time.  I wish I had captured video of them all playing together in the play room.  It was such a happy night!

Elizabeth is definitely her Papa's girl.  She just loves him so much.

After breakfast, we took an impromptu walk through the Square.

A picture of all the girls, except Hannah who was taking her ACT.

We found this shop that I had never been in before called "The Vintage Baby".  I fell in love instantly.  It's got everything a mama could wish to put her sweet children in.  I will be back there!

One last group shot taken on the square.  I love these girls so much!!  And Hannah too, of course.

This is the last picture I took before leaving on Saturday.  Elizabeth just had to swing in the big girl swing like Alexis.  When we got back from the park we realized that Elizabeth had a fever of almost 103.  Poor baby was having so much fun with her cousins, she never let on that she wasn't feeling good. 
Even though Sunday was spent at home with a sick mommy and a sick toddler, the first part of our weekend was (according to Elizabeth) "AWESOME" (her new favorite word).   And I have to say that I agree with her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment