Saturday, July 30, 2011

Last Play Date of the Summer

Look who sat in her bumbo for the first time on Friday!  She seems to love it as much as Elizabeth did, but her head gets a little wobbly after a few minutes so she doesn't stay in there for long.

I sat it down outside to take a picture of both girls and Elizabeth promptly sat in it.  I couldn't believe she fit.  She calls it "Caroline's potty."  I guess it reminds her of her potty... which she never uses!

Elizabeth wouldn't stop hugging Caroline so I never caught a picture of both of them looking my way.  Oh well.  

Friday marked our last week of summer.  I can hardly believe it.  But we went out with a bang!  We spent the morning and early afternoon at Matthew's house, then Bert and I went to the Braves game that night.  His company had a suite and we got a babysitter for the first time (who wasn't a family member).  All in all, it was a great way to wrap up our summer vacation.

Elizabeth loves playing with Matthew.  She chases him around doing everything he does.  If he runs, she runs.  If he stops, she stops.  If he falls to the grown, she falls too.  And they have a HUGE basement playroom to do that all in.  Thankfully all that hard playing leads to good naps!
 I couldn't get these two to look at me at the same time either!

Matthew has twin brothers that are just a few days older than Caroline.  Here are Caroline and Mason on their first play date together.  Greyson was eating at the time.  One of these days we'll get a picture of all three of them when one isn't eating or sleeping.  What a tough life these babies have!

Before we left, we tried to get a good picture of Elizabeth and Matthew.  It should've been easy because they were being so cute together.  But I couldn't get my focus to work in the manual setting, and they all came out blurry.  This was the best one I got.  However, that did motivate me to do some more research/practice tonight and I think I may have figured it out.

This morning I snapped some pictures of the girls snuggling in our bed.  Because I had not figured out my focus yet, I used my flash.  Even with the harsh light of the flash, I love to capture sweet moments of my babies together.


No comments:

Post a Comment