Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

We started our weekend off with a very important first.  It was our first date night since Caroline was born.  Hannah and Rebeka babysat the girls one last time for us before they left.  How blessed I am to have such sweet, thoughtful sisters!  I hope my girls grow up to be just like them!!  That would make me one happy mama!!!

We finally got all the boxes out of the garage and actually put two cars in there!  Before going on our walk, Bert put Caroline in the driver's seat and said, "Look Mama, I'm ready to drive."  I know it's silly but I almost started to cry.  I remember when my baby sisters were this small and they ARE driving.  In fact, Hannah turns 18 in less than 2 months.  I want to freeze time or at least make it go much, much slower.  When Caroline is 16, I'm sure I'll pull out this picture and think about how quickly the time has gone.  But this is how I'll always see her... my baby.

Here is proof that time goes too quickly.  I do remember Elizabeth about the size of Caroline, and I can't believe what a big girl she's becoming.  At the park tonight, she played hide-n-seek with some other kids on the playground.  They were 3, 4, and 5, but she kept up with them pretty darn well.  She even loudly counted when it was her turn to be "it".  Again, it made me happy and sad at the same time to see her doing this.  




She was so worn out that she literally chugged my Gatorade in about 5 seconds.

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful for your date! I've caught myself having those " moments" lately. I guess we look at the two together and realize how fast it goes by. Many blessings to you and Bert and your new home too!

    ReplyDelete