Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Our July 4th weekend was busy, busy, busy.  We spent it moving into our new home, only taking breaks to celebrate birthdays, new neighbors, and our country's independence.  I didn't take as many pictures as usual, but I did get a few.
I took this at Matthew's birthday party.  Elizabeth used the big swing for the first time.  She kept saying "higher, higher"... made me a nervous reck!

She was also tall enough to grab the swinging bars for the first time.  She was pretty proud of herself.

My two girls ready for church.



Our neighborhood had a cook-out and fireworks show on July 3rd.  This was great timing because we were able to meet a lot of our neighbors all at once.  Elizabeth made some new friends instantly.  More confirmation that we chose the right neighborhood for our kiddos.


We spent the 4th of July with our church family watching the Marietta fireworks.  It poured outside, but luckily we were able to eat, play, and watch the fireworks from inside.  Elizabeth wasn't too sure about them.


Even though we didn't get as much unpacking done as we would've liked.  It was nice to have some good excuses for some well-deserved breaks!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you are loving the new neighborhood! I hope the move has gone well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're back! I know you've been busy unpacking! Glad to see their sweet faces again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new home!

    ReplyDelete