Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Talking and Ironing

Caroline is talking, and by that I mean cooing, all of the time now.  I get so caught in the moment that I forget to record it so that I can always remember the precious sound of her sweet voice.  It never fails though, that if I do start recording, she stops talking.  I was able to capture a little bit of it the other day.  It's kind of long and my voice is quite annoying, but now I have it forever!

On a different note, I did another thing last night that I swore I'd never do.  I ironed the girls' clothing as I washed them.  Before putting them in their closets.  I always thought this seemed ridiculous.  Which, to be fair, is how I feel about ironing in general.  But I got tired of grabbing an outfit from one of their closets and having to stop to iron it or worse, putting it on them wrinkled because I had zero extra time but my heart was set on that specific outfit.  Now every outfit is ready to go.  Even the ruffles on their bloomers (may have been over zealous in my efforts)!  Note: I did not iron all of the clothing in the picture.  And actually, as I look closer, most of the ones I did iron are on the other side.  Oh well.  When my girls read this 20 years from now I'm sure they'll still think I'm crazy for this (among other things)!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy the things we do for our kids. I've ironed the ruffles on meyers's bloomers, too. And i don't even iron for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete