Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reality Check

Summer break went on pause for me this week as I spent my days earning my AP Psychology certification.  I'm so glad I did it, but even happier that I am through!  Setting an alarm to wake up at 6:00 after getting up at 3:00 to feed Caroline was a big reality check for me.  And I better get used to it because school starts very soon.

Thankfully, I had the best help in the world... Hannah and Rebeka.  They came down, along with Dad and Di, to help with the house and the girls.  In a short 2 days my dad hung three mirrors, put up our baby gate on the stairs, added closet organizers, and helped Bert move things around a bit.  Dianna cleaned up my kitchen every meal time almost quicker than I could dirty it and loved on my babies so I could get some more unpacking done.


Here's my Dad "preparing" to prepare the the mirror for hanging.  He's such a perfectionist, but I'm grateful because that means he did it perfectly!

Here's a pictures of my dad with my girls before church.  Elizabeth loves him so much it melts my heart.



Caroline hasn't had a babysitter yet, and I wasn't ready to put her in daycare for the week.  So Hannah and Rebeka came to my rescue.  They were WAY more than daytime babysitters.  First of all, they made a plan every day for little Miss Active and showed so much patience even when she threw her tantrums.  They woke up with no hesitation at 7:30 every morning (I'm positive they do that at home too! Ha!) and were clearly exhausted and mostly in bed by 8:00 that night.  I think they have a new appreciation for stay-at-home moms!  They loaded and unloaded the dish washer, gave Elizabeth her baths at night, and even taught her some French!  Bert and I are currently trying to convince them to drop out of school, live in our basement, and be our live-in nannies/housekeepers.  They are the best!

 This little girl has decided that she loves bath time.

 And this little girl loves play-dough.

 They both LOVE their Aunt Rebeka and Aunt Hannah.

And apparently their aunts love Zac Efron.  I found about 5 pictures just like this one on my camera.  I know for sure that I did not take them, so it must be two certain teenagers staying in my house. And I'm sure it was taken during nap time:))

1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed when I see Hannah and rebekah and how grown up they look! It's like I expect them to freeze. I know you appreciated their help. I'll be glad to take them for a while:)

    I've been wondering if Meyers was ready for play doh. We may have to try that soon.

    Oh, and I'm sure you totally took those pictures of zac efron when you were up for Caroline's 3:00 feeding and just don't remember:) ha!

    ReplyDelete