Wednesday, March 23, 2011

School Days

Elizabeth has been obsessed with her jackets this spring.  She wants to wear one even in the afternoon at 80 degrees!  Monday morning she insisted that she needed her jacket AND hat.  She was not very happy with me when I told her she didn't need either of them.  But I decided this was not a battle I wanted to fight on a Monday morning, and gave her the jacket and hat.  She still didn't look very happy with me, so I didn't even ask her to take out her paci for the picture.  Anyways, this is how our week began...

Thankfully she did brighten up on the way to school!

On Tuesday morning I was chasing her around trying to take her picture because she was in such a sweet mood (not usual for the morning).  She grabbed my other camera off the desk, held it up to her face, and said "smile mommy."  For once, I had my camera ready to capture that moment (minus the big shadow)!
Monkey See Monkey Do

When I picked E up from school on Wednesday she was very proud to show me her braided hair that  Miss Kacy had fixed for her.  I asked Kacy if Elizabeth resisted because she HATES me even brushing her hair.  She usually just wants a bow, no brush or "fixing" of the hair is allowed.  But Kacy said she actually asked her to do it.  E had seen Kacy fixing another girl's hair, and ran up to her with her bow saying "My hair, my hair".  I couldn't believe it.  


By the end of the day it was messy as usual, but still in tact.  I don't know if Elizabeth will ever forgive me for taking it out tonight!

2 comments: