Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Night Time Habits

Every night before I go to bed I check on Elizabeth through our video monitor.  For the past two nights, this is what I've found.

She is fast asleep holding her baby's hand.  So sweet.

Reading before bedtime is a MUST at our house.  In fact, I feel like Elizabeth starts reading earlier and earlier each night.  Tonight, we were not all done eating when she was, so she asked for some books.  She specifically asked for her new favorite book from Aunt Christy, The Berenstain Bears' New Baby.  How appropriate!  


I love that she loves this book.  She gets so excited when the "baby sissy" arrives in the end.  I hope she has the same enthusiasm when her real baby sister arrives.

We've created somewhat of a monster when it comes to our night time rituals.  Not only do we have to read the books she specifically picks out, she also demands that mommy AND daddy read to her.  If I try to walk out she says, "Mommy SIT" and points to the foot stool.  When I give her a stern look, she quickly adds "please".  Of course,  I can't resist.  I love that time together too (especially since she's sitting on Bert's lap and not my belly)!



Here is another game she likes to play while reading.  She points to each picture and says, "What is that?"  Even if she knows the answer she asks before answering it herself.  I can just hear the future "but why" in my head.  I think we're in for it!

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable!!!! She is ready for her sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harps has that book too! AND she insists that I sit with her to read. That is so funny. Aren't they so cute!? Do you like that video monitor? We're in the market for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I should take back the book I got E! I gave that same book to Gaines before Will was born. So cute!

    ReplyDelete