Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Traveling Weekend

This weekend I flew to Memphis to meet Emery, Meyers's new baby sister.  My flight was delayed so I didn't arrive until midnight, so it was a very quick trip.  In the short time I was there, I got to do some fabric shopping with Beth, love on sweet Emery, and spend some quality time with my mama.  


Bert traveled with the girls to Franklin, GA so Caroline could meet her Great Grandmother (whom she is named after).  Elizabeth loved playing in the country with her cousin, Madison, too.


Of course, I missed my girls terribly.  The closer I got to home, the more I ached to see them.  I received the best welcome when I walked through the door.  Elizabeth ran into my arms screaming, "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY!"  Even Caroline started smiling ear to ear, clapping, then flung her arms up for me to pick her up.  We rolled around playing on the floor for about an hour.  Then, Elizabeth took a nap and I took Caroline grocery shopping.  


After nap time, the three of us headed to the park to play.  I was trying to cram as much fun with my girls in as I possibly could. What a weekend!


When we got home, Caroline decided to officially start crawling!  She is on the move!!  Our lives are about to change for sure!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you came to visit....even though it was so short!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. emery looks so precious! sounds like a good, full weekend!

    ReplyDelete