Friday, November 4, 2011

Hair and Cupcakes

Elizabeth likes to play with my hair, and I love it!  She's actually pretty good at getting the tangles out without ripping my hair out of my head.  It feels really good and is quite soothing.


In this picture, she looks like she's about to seek revenge for all the times I wasn't gentle enough on her hair.  Which is her favorite line when I'm brushing her hair, "Mommy, be gentle!"


The next two pictures are random pictures that I don't remember taking.  But they make me laugh. 

Bert says Elizabeth looks just like me in this picture.  Funny how her "mean" face looks like me all of a sudden!

Elizabeth is also very much into cupcakes right now.  She calls them "Happy Birthday Cakes" and she sings the happy birthday song with each of our names in it.

I'm not much of a baker, but I decided it would be fun for us to make cupcakes together.  She was really into it.  Especially the part where we ate the them!

I can't get over what a big girl she is becoming.  Today, she told me that she wanted some yogurt and I watched as she went to the frig, got out the yogurt, opened it, got a spoon from the drawer, climbed up in her seat, and started eating her yogurt.  It was scary how much she didn't need my help AT ALL!  I know she still needs me for so much more, but her independence never stops amazing me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE her fixing your hair!!! That is so precious! I wonder how she know to put a hair band in her mouth while she is fixing your hair:) Great reminder that they are watching EVERYTHING we do!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete