Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful for the Big and Little Things

Today I am feeling so very thankful.  Not that I don't usually, but yesterday and today that feeling has overwhelmed me with joy.  
Yesterday we took Caroline to Scottish Rite for a hip ultrasound.  Because she was breached, there was a possibility that she could have hip displacement meaning she would have to have a pretty intensive cast for a while.  Thankfully, she was cleared!  
As we entered the Radiology waiting room I was quickly reminded of the last time we were there with Elizabeth.  It was much scarier that time because E was going in for a scan of her brain and had to be sedated.  I felt immediate relief that the procedure C was about to go through was nothing like that.  And even if the results weren't good, it wouldn't be life threatening.  When I saw the kids that were obviously there for more serious conditions, I again felt so grateful for two healthy children.  

Then last night, Bert rushed home from work so I could go to my girls' Summer Supper Club.  Taking care of both girls can be challenging, but trying to put Elizabeth to bed while Caroline demands to be held is near impossible.  But he did it!  I am so thankful that he understands the importance of this mama getting out of the house to fellowship with her girlfriends once a week.  Parenting truly is a team sport and I am thankful for my teammate!

And finally, I am thankful that this sweet girl slept for 7 straight hours last night!  She went down at 11:00 and didn't stir until 6:00.  I can't tell you how refreshed I felt this morning... Now that's something to be thankful for!!  


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! That is great! I am so glad she slept longer! I know you feel like a new woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such precious thoughts from my precious child about my precious granddaughters and an awesome son-in-law...

    so glad to hear that you had a well rested night!

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete