Friday, June 17, 2011

Caroline's Newborn Pictures

Caroline's newborn pictures were taken less than 24 hours of us bringing her home from the hospital.  And since we were surprised with her early arrival, I felt (and my house was) more of a hot mess than usual.  But thankfully, our photographer was very laid back and had the rare gift of putting me at ease.  With a two year old who wanted no part of this photo shoot, sleep deprived parents who had not yet adjusted, and a newborn who wanted to eat every 30 minutes, somehow Katie Bower was able to capture our new family of four in ways that I will treasure forever. To say that Katie is patient AND talented is the understatement of the year.  Here are some of my favorites.   



Elizabeth ran away from us almost immediately.  So we took that opportunity to take some pictures of us with just Caroline.  I didn't think about doing this before, but I'm so glad it worked out that way.


Since Elizabeth refused to sit still with Caroline, Katie captured Elizabeth in her constant state of motion.  I love these pictures.  It's exactly who my child is... energetic, playful, and a complete handful!


We spent the next 4 hours (didn't I say she was patient!) inside taking pictures of this beauty.




I was in awe watching Katie work her magic to get Caroline in these positions.  I think she may be the baby whisperer!



This is the one I put on the front of her birth announcement.







I love seeing how small she was in her daddy's hands.

Elizabeth wore this same gown in her newborn pictures.


Sweet hands.

Precious feet.


And because I like to compare, here is more proof that my girls will never be able to deny one another as sisters.  The first one is Caroline taken by Katie Bower and the second one is Elizabeth taken by Katy Southern.  It's my favorite one from Elizabeth's newborn pictures (who were taken by my incredibly talented friend).
Caroline Lawson Kelly

Elizabeth Joy Kelly


3 comments:

  1. these bring tears to my eyes, and I cannot wait to see my girls and hold them and love them...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! So glad to finally see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get outta town!!! Too cute! What a precious little honey!!

    ReplyDelete