Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my dad and to my babies' daddy!  They are the best daddies in the world!! 
We pretty much celebrated all weekend.  On Saturday night we took our first dinner out with both girls.  Elizabeth kept saying that we were on a date with daddy.  That just melted me.  Here I am with my girls before our dinner date with daddy.

When we came home Elizabeth decorated a cookie cake for her daddy.  Because she associates cakes with birthdays, she kept singing "Happy Birthday" to him.  It was pretty cute.


The only thing Bert said he wanted for Father's Day was to go to a Braves game.  So off we went!  Elizabeth LOVES baseball almost as much as her daddy does.  I don't know who was more excited, her or her daddy.  I was a little nervous because of the heat.  So we bought tickets in the club level where it was all you can eat/drink, steps away from the air conditioning, and shaded for the entire game.  I also brought along a little portable fan for Caroline, and we were set!  We made it through the 7th inning before we decided that we were all worn out and ready for bed.

Elizabeth had a blast running the bases in the kid zone.


When she touched the base, she just kept running back into the line to go again... and again... and again.  I was proud (and surprised) that she understood the concept of the line.  She didn't even need me to stand next to her to keep from skipping.  She just waited patiently (and let me take her picture) for her turn. 

Warning: It's about to get mushy!  But it's worth it so my girls can read these words one day and know how blessed we are to have Bert.

Watching him with Elizabeth and Caroline, knowing how much he adores them and that there's nothing he wouldn't do for them, makes me fall deeper in love with him. 

The day he became a daddy.

Last year on Father's Day we went to the Gwinett Braves game.  I'm seeing a pattern here:))

The first picture with both of his girls.

Elizabeth is a complete daddy's girl and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I still consider myself a daddy's girl so I know how important that relationship is for a little girl.  I'm grateful that my daughters have such a great daddy! 

3 comments:

  1. Bert IS such a great daddy! I am so glad that he had a great father's day! The pictures of your dinner out are so cute. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't too mushy...just sweet! Your girls are SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day to Bert--the wonderful daddy of our granddaughters and the awesome husband of our daughter!

    Your words are perfect and your pictures paint the perfect visual!

    We love you all FOUR Kellys!!!

    ReplyDelete