Monday, June 27, 2011

More Swimming and More Growing

This is what my girls do the most of these days.  Angel #1 (Bert calls Elizabeth Angel #1 and Caroline is Angel #2) does a lot of swimming and Angel #2 does a lot of growing!  Elizabeth is a self proclaimed "water baby".  The girl could live at the pool, and we kinda do.


As soon as she wakes up in the morning, she starts asking to go to the pool.

It's been so much easier than I thought because this girl needs no help from her mama.

Of course, I never take my eyes (or camera) off of her.  AND there's a life guard on duty.


Jumping in or belly flopping in provides the most entertainment for her and me !

She does it over and over and over again.  I encourage it because it increases our chances of a good nap!

Notice her black eye.  She did not get that at the pool.  She tried to take a toy away from a friend at school, and he let go.  It popped her in the eye.  It was sad, but sometimes you have to appreciate natural consequences. It's been four days and she hasn't tried to take another toy away from anybody!

Bath time after the pool and another shot of her black eye.

Angel #2 had her 2 month check-up today.  This was her all cuddled up this morning before her shots.  Poor thing didn't know what was coming.

She measured 22.5 inches long (75 percentile) and weighed 11 pounds 1 ounce (70th percentile).

She weighs close to the same amount as her sister at that age, but she's still an inch shorter.  Who knows if she'll catch up.  I've always been taller (and bigger) than my sister so maybe it will be the same way with my girls.





I had my flash on for this last picture which makes her hair look red.  Elizabeth's hair looked red in pictures at this age too.


Elizabeth on the left and Caroline on the right at 2 months.


Caroline at one and two months old.

1 comment:

  1. Like mother, like daughter--You loved the water just as much!!! These are some great pics! My, Caroline is growing too fast!

    p.s. i love the story about they black eye!

    ReplyDelete