Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Swim Lessons

Below is a video of Elizabeth swimming with her puddle jumper on. She is completely independent when she is wearing it.  She loves to jump in and can even swim to the steps by herself.  It has made the pool so much fun for us.  In fact, she asks to go every day.  I think we've created a pool monster!

Because she was doing so well, we decided it was time for swim lessons.  I love the security of the floaties, but there's nothing better than actually having the ability to swim.  We are water people, so it is essential that this little girl knows how to keep herself above water.

Of course, she had to have the necessary equipment... goggles.


Megan is her instructor and has already taught her to kick, blow bubbles with her face in the water, and use her "ice cream cones" (hands) while swimming.

She doesn't always love the lessons.  She'd much rather put on her swimmies and jump in by herself.  So Megan lets her jump in to her (without floats) and kick her way to the top.
I really love watching my girl learn new things.  She makes me so proud!

2 comments:

  1. The goggles crack me up!!! I'm so impressed my your "little mermaid"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the goggles on, isolating her eyes, they look like your daddy's! It's hard to believe she is old enough to be doing all these things!!! I can't wait to see my little mermaid!

    ReplyDelete