Friday, April 22, 2011

Preparing and Nesting (sort of)

One of my favorite features on the iphone is the "notes" app.  Since I always have my phone with me, I can instantly add something to my to-do list which allows me to not stress as much about it.  Just writing it down (or typing it in) relieves stress for me.  Unfortunately, as we get closer to Caroline's due date the number of things I add almost doubles the number I am able to take off each day.  Oh well, it still makes me feel better to have it all in one spot.  Here are some of the things I've been crossing off my list:

First off, I had a list of things to get done for Elizabeth before I could even start on Caroline.  I had a few sewing projects I started that I needed to finish so I could put everything away for a while.  I'm sure I won't be sewing for some time after C is born. 

Cross-back Jumpers with Bloomers
a contrast jumper and a knot dress
a few pairs of shorts and t-shirts

I also had to finish creating Elizabeth's second year album.  It felt really good to get that done and ordered.  With everything else on my list, I had forgotten about it when it arrived in the mail.  It was so exciting to open.  Even Elizabeth got excited this year.  She wants to read the "Elizabeth book" over and over.  She's really into seeing pictures of herself and watching video of herself right now.


I have learned something about myself in preparing for Caroline's birth.  My nesting style is to organize, not to clean.  I have been on an organization kick for a little while.  It started with my bathroom then spread to the pantry.  For some reason, these areas became very important for me to organize before we brought Caroline home.  I can't really explain it since I know Caroline will not be using either of these spaces, but somehow it just made me feel better.


Baskets for our pantry.  There's also some bins below that I organized and labeled.
our medicine



We needed more cabinet space for the bottles.  Elizabeth's cabinet is on the left and Caroline's is on the right.

the drawer


Under my bathroom sink- where it all began...


My to-do list for Caroline started with her clothes.  It was so fun going through all of Elizabeth's old clothes and figuring out which ones would work for Caroline too.  With every piece I brought out, I just couldn't believe Elizabeth had ever fit in them.  I hope it goes a little slower this time!



Next on the to-do list was setting up Caroline's furniture.  We have it all in the house, including the bedding.  Unfortunatly, we are in a fickle situation with buying our new house so I'm hesitant to set it all up in our current home.  Therefore, Caroline's room is half office and half nursery.  Because C will be in a bassinet in our room for a little while, I decided that setting up the crib wasn't necessary yet.  Therefore, we left the desk and computer in its spot so I wouldn't have to trek up and down the stairs to use it.    Bert did set up her changing table and dresser because those things would be needed for our little one as soon as we bring her home.

C's crib- still in the box

Here's what it will look like once we put it together.

And here's what her bedding will look like. I just love how sweet it is.

And finally, I have (mostly) packed our hospital bags.  This really gave me sense of relief.  Now I feel like if Caroline comes early (which I'm still praying she doesn't), then I'll be ready!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Impressed! I see you have been taking some notes from Delightful order! I must get a cricket so I can make sure cute tags like you did for the medicine cabinet. I can't wait for Baby C to arrive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, busy, busy!! Maybe deep down you knew this girl wanted to meet you sooner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess Caroline had other plans for her arrival! I'm so glad she's healthy and here--even if a little early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was good planning to get those bags packed and ready to go! I can't wait for your post featuring Miss Caroline!!! ~Katie O

    ReplyDelete