Friday, April 1, 2011

A Low Key Week

This week was very uneventful, which is good, but I only took 2 pictures since Sunday.  That's pretty rare around here.  The first picture got me to thinking about some of Elizabeth's newest "habits" that I'd like to remember.

She LOVES to wash her hands.  I bet she would stand on this stool washing her hands for hours if we let her.  Sometimes it becomes quite the battle to get her out of the bathroom.

She has also started pointing to things and saying "What color is that?"  as if she's quizzing me.  She doesn't really know her colors yet (she just guesses when I ask her) but she repeats it after me in a very teacher-like tone.  I think this is something they do a lot at school.

Out of the blue Elizabeth has fallen in love with Minnie Mouse.  My mom got her this book when she was a baby with Disney themed lullabies and stories.  That's the only thing she has with Minnie Mouse in it and she wants to read it every single night.  She will actually sit and listen to an entire story which is saying a lot for our little busy bee.

Our little girl has always been quite independent, but each day she takes it to a whole new level.  She's been pretty adamant about putting her own socks and shoes on for a while now.  We've sort of gotten used to the extra 10 minutes that takes to get ready!  But she also doesn't want any help getting into her car seat.  Once I open the door, she climbs in, puts on her straps, and even buckles everything.  Thankfully she can't unbuckle anything yet!  This can take a bit longer than usual, so I'm really working on my patience.  But it's worth it when I see her face light up every time as she proudly states, "I did it!"

Overall, Elizabeth has been extra loving lately.  I'm really trying to treasure this last month of her being my only baby.  I have planned a lot of mommy-daughter time for the week of spring break.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Such a big girl!!! So bittersweet to watch them grow up! I can't wait to see her this summer!!

    ReplyDelete