Monday, July 1, 2013

"Sweet Caroline"

Sometimes I get so caught up in capturing what our family is doing, I forget to write down what the girls are saying.  I never want to forget some of these funny things, like...
1. When I was upstairs putting the girls clothes away and Elizabeth came out of the playroom and said, "Mommy, can you keep an I on Caroline?  I need to go downstairs for a minute."  Such a first child request.  I had not asked her to watch her sister.  I was right there with them.  She took on that responsibility all by herself.  And apparently didn't think I was doing a good enough job:)
2. Lately when Elizabeth is talking to directly to Caroline she'll start off by saying, "Sweetheart, ...." 
3.  Caroline always calls Elizabeth "Sister."  I think it's because Elizabeth is difficult to say.  She tries to say it every now and then.  But whether she's mad, happy, or just trying to get her attention, she simply says, "Sister."
4.  As most anyone could imagine, we have sang the song "Sweet Caroline" way too much around our house.  One day Elizabeth started singing it, and Caroline promptly tuned in with "bomp, bomp, bomp."  I'm not sure why it shocked us or struck us as so funny, but Bert and I couldn't stop laughing.  I prompted Elizabeth to start singing it tonight to see what Caroline would do, and right on cue she sang it!

1 comment: