Friday, June 7, 2013

Starting Off Summer Right

Our first week of summer vacation has been busy and fun!  Tuesday we joined Melissa and Reese at Katy's new house and went with James Henry and Eli to their pool.  Getting a picture of all 5 kids smiling and looking in the same direction proved to be impossible, but they all had a blast.
Wednesday morning we went to the library to stock up on new books.
Wednesday afternoon we joined Gabriella and Brayden at Whitewater.  Three hours was the perfect time for me and the girls.  I'm glad we got season passes this year.  I plan to make short weekly trips.  The pool and Whitewater are the perfect afternoon activity.
Elizabeth had her first swim lesson of the summer on Thursday.  It was cool and overcast so Caroline and I went in regular clothes.  That was a mistake!  Caroline was drenched by the time we left.  All I could do was laugh.
Elizabeth did really well.  By the end of her first lesson, she was floating on her back and diving to the bottom (of the shallow end) to get toys.
Today we went to Champion Kids for open play.  I worked in the yard during nap time, and by the time I was done, the girls were up and I was the one who needed a nap.  Oh well, good thing it's Friday and Bert can be on duty tomorrow!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment