- She is a hugger. Her heart is big and she loves hard. Physical touch is her love language. She gives the best hugs. Each morning on the way to her class, she stops by to hug both her kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. Even if only a couple of hours have passed since she last saw her friends, she will hug them when she sees them.
- She is a perfectionist with her homework. She always has been and I assume she always will be. Once a week, they have to take these online diagnostic tests at home. It's material that they haven't covered in class yet, but the teacher wants to know what they already know. This is the hardest concept for Elizabeth to grasp. When she is asked a question that she doesn't know, it just about kills her!
- She is very athletic and competive. Every sport she has tried has come easy to her, soccer, swim, tennis, dance, and tumbling. If you ask her which one is her favorite, she'll name the one that she's currently playing. She asked me to play basketball this winter, and she can't wait for volleyball. I just love watching her play and develop. It will be fun to see what she ends up settling into.
- She is very adventurous and daring. There is very little that scares her which terrifies me!
- She doesn't want to miss out on anything. She's very social, and if she thinks there is something going on, she wants to be a part of it.
- She sleeps like a teenager. On Saturdays she will easily sleep until 10:00 if we let her. She also can have the attitude of a teenager!
- She loves taking care of little ones. She is the best little mama.
- Elizabeth is my eater. She loves to try new things. She doesn't always like it, but she's always willing to try it. She prefers to buy her lunch. I think because she gets to choose something different every day.
- She is a busy body like her mama. It's really hard for her to set still. My dad use to call me "Jessica Got-to-Go Douglass" and that is exacctly how I would describe Elizabeth. Unlike her sister, Elizabeth loves to run errands with me and go shopping... just being out and about.
- She is super smart, but super stubborn. She's a rule follower until she decides she doesn't like the rules. Then she does what she wants. This gets her in trouble sometimes. What I love about this age though is that she can talk about it and she understands her consequences.
- She is still super independent. She doesn't need help with most things. She doesn't even read out loud to us at night anymore. While I read with Caroline, she reads by herself in her room "in her head". She has also started carrying a book around with her so she can read whenever she wants. I think its because now that she reads all chapter books, she's always in the middle of a good book.
- She is THE BEST big sister. Don't get me wrong, they argue and fight. But they are definitely best friends. And I love this girl more than she will ever know!
I asked Elizabeth a few questions about her favorites right now, below are her answers:
1. What's your favorite color? blue
2. What's your favorite TV show? Liv and Maddie
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? a vet and an artist
4. What's your favorite food? pot roast and speghetti
5. What's your favorite thing about Caroline? She's sweet and smart.
6. What's your favorite thing about mom? She's encouraging.
7. What's your favorite thing about dad? He's handsome.