Wednesday, April 29, 2015

1/2 Marathon

Last Friday, we packed up and headed to Nashville for St.Jude's Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon.  We've been training for this for almost 3 months.  To say we were excited, is an understatement!

Allison surprised us by getting the girls to help her make a poster sign to hold during the race.  My favorite parts that Elizabeth wrote were, "Try to win" and "Don't be a snail.  Be a bunny and go fast." 
The night before we all wore our shirts for good luck.  The forecast was predicting terrible weather complete with tornadoes and hail.  We were so very thankful when we woke up to find out that it had passed more quickly through the night and was now behind us!
This is the right before the first coral started. We were so excited and extremely happy that the weather was perfect!  No rain.  Just a perfect overcast morning.  The best running weather!
There was so much excitement and energy surrounding us.  We were pumped!

My favorite part was seeing these people as soon as I crossed the finish line.  They gave us all a medal immediately.  Elizabeth was so excited for me because she thought I won!

I actually felt really good afterwards.  I expected to be dying, but I wasn't.  I'm sure that had a little something to do with my babies being there to support us.




Allison was the best cheerleader we could've asked for!
By the end of the race, the sun was out and the breeze was flowing.  The provided beer and live music for us.  We spent the next hour laying on the green grass, listening to live music, drinking a cold beverage, and watching the girls play.  The absolute perfect way to end our run!
Dianna sent me this picture as soon as they got in the car.  Apparently watching a marathon is exhausting.  Ha!
After showers, food, and some rest, we got ready to hit the town in Music City!

parking lot selfie
Our first stop was the Martina McBride concert that was a part of our entrance fee.  I LOVE Martina, but have never seen her live.  I loved this!
The girls stayed home with Nana and Papa.  They sat around the fire pit making smores and singing songs.

We ended our night listening to more live music at The Stage.  The perfect end to the perfect day!
"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." -Hebrews 12:1




No comments:

Post a Comment