Thursday, April 23, 2015

Caroline is 4!

My sweet Caroline Lawson Kelly!  I can't believe you are 4 years old.  You promise me every day that you will stay my baby forever.  I'm going to hold you to that.  This post might be quick with not as many pictures as usual because our lives are quite busy lately, but I promise to make up for that as soon as summer comes! 
  • You weigh 41 lbs (85th percentile) and are 42 inches tall (90th percentile).  Slightly taller and bigger than your sister was at this age.  You love that fact!  You keep telling her, "I'm going to be bigger and stronger than you and even older than you!" Too funny.
  • We are moving you into size 5 clothing and you wear a size 12 shoe.
  • You are sleeping paci free in your toddler bed, but you come down to our room almost every single night around 3:00am.  Most of the time we don't even hear you so it doesn't bother us.  You just snuggle right in between us.
  • You are really stuck between wanting to do things yourself and wanting mommy to do everything for you.  You're like a yoyo with this.  
  • One thing's for sure... you are still a mama's girl.  You always want to be as close to me as possible.  You are the very best cuddler.  I love how you rub my face, arm, and back whenever you are near me.  
  • Although you are still very attached to me, you are not afraid to venture out with the "big" kids when we are playing outside.  You are really starting to hold your own.  You don't like it if they run too fast or leave you out, but you do your best to keep up!
  • At night time you beg me to rub your face and for your daddy to lay in your chair and "sleep" with you.  We almost always do:-)
  • You still run with the cutest little stride.  You keep your arms bent and close to you while swinging them side to side.  I know you will grow out of it soon so I love it when I see you doing it now.
  • You have been doing ballet all year and have your first recital at the end of May.  I'm not sure if this will be your thing or not, but you are cute to watch.  
  • You absolutely love going to church.  Whether its for Sunday School, Children's Church, Wednesday dinner, or just the nursery... you love it!
  • You can't wait to start pre-K in the fall.  You ask every day if this is your first day of school.  You also beg me not to leave you and go to my school, but you never cry about it.
  • You can be rather sassy,  but if I threaten time out you quickly respond, "Yes Ma'am."  
  • You are your sister's biggest fan.  You adore her.  Sometimes you drive her crazy, but you always love and defend her.  Even if she gets in trouble for being mean to you (she usually gives into you first), you always tell me, "Mommy, she's not in trouble.  It was an accident.  I forgive her."  You don't like to see her get in trouble.
  • And as this last picture shows, you love to fall asleep when you are riding in the car or in the stroller.  It puts you out like a light!


Caroline, you truly light up our family.  You and Elizabeth are becoming the best of friends.  Your daddy and I love you more than we could ever tell you baby girl.  
Love, Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment