Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Break


On Friday, I was able to spend the morning at Elizabeth's school for her Thanksgiving Feast.  I spend all day at school with my students.  I was so glad to spend this time with my little pilgrim at her school!
I knew instantly when I saw this place mat that it was made by Elizabeth.   I love this girl's heart!
We are not hosting Thanksgiving this year.  Instead of a busy week of cleaning, planning, and cooking, we have been sleeping in, relaxing, and playing.  I'm so thankful for this little break to spend with my very favorite pumpkins even if they do act more like wild turkeys!
The girls actually shared my kindle to watch a movie.  Miracles do happen!

This is the first time we have ever put our Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving.  Last year was the first year we didn't get a real tree... we have just been breaking all the rules!!
Since we are staying in Nashville through the weekend, I think it will be so nice to come home to our house already decorated for Christmas.
This picture of Elizabeth is blurry, but I couldn't stop looking at it. She looks so grown up.  Seeing that baby picture of her in the background made me a little teary eyed.
We've also been potty training Caroline this week.  It's not going so well, and she's not happy that I won't let her wear any pants around the house.  Putting ornaments on the tree helped us all forget about the tortures of potty training for just a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment