Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Recuperating

 This past weekend was so busy, and I'm realizing that it takes me a lot longer to recuperate than it use to!  Friday night started with our Showcase of the Arts where our band, chorus, orchestra, and drama kids put on the most amazing Christmas show.  
Then bright and early Saturday morning, I headed to Pope for our 6th annual SWAG.  This year Shop with a Greyhound was bigger and better than ever!  We raised over $30,000 and spent the day with 400 Pope students and 150 Brumby Elementary students cooking waffles, playing in a bounce house, decorating cookies, having a book fair, visiting Santa, and shopping at Target!  

On Sunday morning, we prepared for Children's Church since it was our turn to teach (or so we thought).  Actually it's next weekend, but we are ready in advance!  Elizabeth did sing with Joy Choir in the traditional service. 
I slept 12 hours on Saturday night, but still felt exhausted on Sunday afternoon.  So Elizabeth and I headed to the nail salon!  
Sunday night we went to a live nativity.  It was so cold, but so cool to "walk around Bethlehem" and make the story of our savior's birth come to life for our girls.

I had another full night sleep on Sunday night, and finally felt "caught up."  One week left of school, then two weeks vacation!!  I can do it!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment