Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's Great to be a Tennessee Vol!

On Friday, Tennesse played at the Georgia Dome in the Chick-fil-A kick off game.  The Odoms came into town, Nanny came to babysit the girls, and we all headed downtown to cheer on the Vols!
 

Chris hooked us up with reservations to Stats. It was the official UT alumni tailgate location, and we felt like VIP because we had one of the two most wanted tables in the house!



I couldn't resist buying this shirt.  The front looks like a monogram ATL with the power T in the middle.  It was awesome to see so much orange strolling the streets of Atlanta without any red and black in sight. 


Chris, Bert, Garrick

 Funny side note: I bought my orange and white chevron dress this summer online and was super excited to wear it to the first game.  Apparently, so did a million other girls.  It was like a prom nightmare and became the running joke all night long.

had to get pic with Smokey

 Melissa's brother-in-law works for Budweiser and got us VIP wristbands to the concert at Centennial Park.  We felt pretty cool again, especially when we were taking pictures with Lonestar and Philip Philips (who I'd never heard of).  I guess it doesn't take much these days for us to feel cool!


We took this picture right before going into the dome.  Instead of sitting as couples, we let the boys sit together in the club level seats, and the girls all sat together in the lower level. I actually think they would've prefered how close our seats were, but I know we all had more fun this way because the girls didn't have to pretend to be all about the game.  In fact, we left at half time and went back to Stats! 



It was a very long day that flew by because there was never a dull moment!  I love Tennessee football, but I especially love getting to hang out all day with my girlfriends.  What a way to kick off football season!  We have a winning record!! (I thought I'd say it now while I still could:))


1 comment: