Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A First Time for Everything

Elizabeth loves her bed time routine.  She's quite demanding about every single detail. I help her brush her teeth, put her jammies on, prayers and kisses.  But she insists that her daddy rock her, and always excuses me to "go clean the kitchen."  Once Bert takes over, she negotiates with him the number of books he will read to her.  Then she climbs in her bed, and makes sure that her daddy takes his place in her chair.  She likes for him to sit in her chair for a few minutes before leaving.  The only time she allows me to do the last part is when Bert is teaching late on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  So I've come to look forward to and cherish those two nights when my baby still lets me rock her and put her to bed.  Anyways, the one thing she NEVER does is fall asleep on her own.  She dreads the moment when we say bed time.  So I was shocked tonight when I went to the bathroom and came out to this...
The poor girl was worn out!  It was only 7:15, and she had fallen asleep on the couch.  I never thought this would happen.  But she was super sick with a fever and tummy bug on Sunday and Monday.  So today was the first day that she was back in full force.  I guess I'll just look forward to Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment