Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Kids

Now that I have my own kids, I should refer to the ones at school as "my students."  But I don't.  I still call them "my kids" too.  It can get confusing when I'm telling a story and forget to differentiate between the two.  Anyways, my Senior kids are very special to me.  They were freshmen when I started teaching at Pope, and this year, they will be graduating.  Each week they take turns bringing in a "pleasant surprise".  This week one of them brought these cupcakes in to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  On 3/14, they brought in pie for Pie Day (it took me a second to remember my math to understand Pide Day).  One girl brought in a gold fish, in a bag, for each student in the class.  Another student brought in his travel grill, and we had a tailgate at lunch just for our class complete with footballs, frizbees, and cornhole.  Aren't they awesome!
 

On Friday, I brought Elizabeth to our baseball game so she could see some of "my kids" play.  It was a huge turnout, and Elizabeth had a blast.  Especially getting to meet so many of "my kids" who gave her so much attention.  She kept yellling at the top of her lungs, "GO POPE GREYHOUNDS!"  Next time, I'm going to video it so I can show it to her when she's a senior in high school (hopefully at Pope)!


1 comment: