Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bye-Bye Pacis

I never thought I'd be that parent who let her child use a pacifier until she was three-years-old.  But I am!  Since she only used it at night, it really hasn't bothered me.  We decided once she turned three, we would tackle her oral fixation on pacis.  Today was the day! 


We went to Build-a-Bear with all of her pacis in tow.  She picked out a bear and we started stuffing it.


At first, she wasn't too sure about it. But she didn't freak out, and eventually started shoving her pacis inside. 




After her new bear was stuffed, she gave her a bath.


Then she picked out an outfit for her and got her dressed.


Then, she made a birth certifcate and named her, Paci Bear.




Caroline was so sweet and quiet the entire time.  She just watched her big sister who was such a brave, big girl.  Elizabeth never shed a tear.  Naptime and bedtime went really well, too.  She hugged her Paci Bear feeling that all her pacis were inside.  I'm so proud of my big girl!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will have to remember that for the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't shed a tear, but I DID when I read this! This is adorable! What a little sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for E!!! Love the pictures documenting the whole event!! I love this! Makes me wish Meyers wouldn't have given up up so easy and we could have done it, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm shedding enough tears for her! awesome story and pics! Much more entertaining than Rebeka's story!!!!

    ReplyDelete