Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wrapping up our Christmas Break


It gets harder and harder for me to go back to work and leave these two girls all day.  Don't get me wrong, they exhaust me more than 150 teenagers ever could.  And I could never leave them at all if I didn't actually love my job.  But I do love them more, and I will miss them terribly this week as we get back to our normal school routine.


On Friday, we were able to join the play group that we normally only get to see during the summer.  Elizabeth had a blast with Matthew, as she always does.  In fact, she was so devastated when it was time to leave that Matthew's mama invited us to stay for lunch.  I'm so glad we did because it gave us a chance to chat more too.


Caroline just hung out watching all the bigger kids play.  I'm so grateful for her easy-going personality.  It makes outings like this a little easier.


It was a great way to end our Christmas break.  I'm already looking forward to rejoining them this summer.

2 comments:

  1. It takes someone special to work with teenagers. They are their own species!! Way to go..super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my teenagers too! Have fun going back! And that last picture of Caroline looks JUST LIKE ELIZABETH used to! SO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete