Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bummin' Around

We had a busy first week of our Christmas vacation, as seen through some of the pictures on my phone.

Nana and Elizabeth at Shoguns on Christmas Eve

Caroline and Papa Ray taking a nap at Nannies' house

Alivia and me riding go-carts

Elizabeth and Grandma riding go-carts
We decided that we needed  a little down time for our second week.  We've stayed at home a lot more than usual.  And it's been nice.

Elizabeth made the transition from crib to toddler bed, and it has been incredibly smooth.  Even though she can, she still doesn't get out of the bed until we come get her.


Elizabeth loves that we all have "pooters."  She insists that Caroline plays on hers at the same time. 


Elizabeth has also played dress up a lot.  She has me make up stories about Princess Elizabeth and Princess Caroline.  Of course, Queen Mommy King Daddy are always in those stories too!


I've gotten a lot of things on my to-do list checked off, but I've added even more to it  I did get to do some sewing for the first time since we moved in.  I've missed it so much.  And we did get out one day for a play date with Kathryn and some of our neighbor friends.


We went to the place where we're going to have Elizabeth's birthday party.  It was so much fun and so much to do there.  There was even a slide that I had a blast going down.  It got me really excited about planning her birthday.

Staying at home with the girls this week has been so fun and exhausting at the same time.  But I am grateful to them for taking naps at the same time for the last two days!  That makes me a happy mama!!


No comments:

Post a Comment