Monday, May 2, 2011

Elizabeth and Caroline

Because we were in the hospital on Easter Sunday, the Easter bunny visited our home a little late this year.  I don't think Elizabeth minded one bit.


I think she was excited by her Easter bucket

She especially likes her sunglasses

Checking out her new bathing suits.  Grandma got her a third one too.  I think she is set for the summer!


 So far Caroline is the sweetest, easiest baby I've ever met.  I realize I may have just jinxed myself, and her demeaner is most likely due to her true gestational age (she would just now be 38 weeks).  But I am just soaking in all the sweet newborness I can.  She doesn't even cry when she's hungry.  She just starts majorly sucking on her fists.

Elizabeth is becoming quite the helper with her "baby sissy".  She assists every diaper change by retrieving the diaper and throwing the dirty one away.  She is constantly covering her up with a "kiki" (blankie).  We do have to watch her closely though because she covers all of Caroline with the blanket (even her head).  She gives her tons of hugs and kisses.  But again, we have to make sure the hugs aren't too tight and her kisses are gentle enough.





 These pictures look like they're telling secrets to each other.  I think they are plotting against me already!!




She sometimes shows a little jealousy when I'm nursing Caroline because she feels left out.  So now Elizabeth sits beside me and reads Caroline a book during that time.  It was really that easy to solve.  Something tells me that sibling rivalry won't always be that simple!!
She likes to sit in all of Caroline's things: the car seat, the bouncy, even the boppy pillow.  

Elizabeth loves to hold her sister.  But their looks say it all here.  Elizabeth looks quite suspicious and Caroline looks scared out of her mind!

4 comments: